Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Sigh in the Valley of Haze
The dune's yellow glare blinds me as I move along, body fatigued from the intense heat of this desert. I could feel myself deteriorating...My mind warping, my body slowly dying. This is the fourth day I have been out here, wandering in hopes of finding an oasis, or anyone that could help.. But alas, there is none. The fourth day after being exiled for simple matters, but this isn’t the first time things like these has happened to me... I trudge forward, my mind slips into fragmented flashbacks- Being stoned as I walk down the street for how I look, rocks stinging me in every place imaginable. I flinch for a second, flinching at imaginary rocks coming to me. "Just my mind playing tricks on me..." I told myself, continuing on. Illusions of water appear before my eyes, but I also knew this was another mind trick, proof that my brains were slowly dying away... I blink, and in that split second I find myself within another memory; being drug away and thrown into a lake with my hands tied behind my back. I had up to that point wanted to die; I wanted to die so bad that I didn't bother trying to swim, and just... sank to the bottom. A full week later, I awoke to your see your face. 'Are you okay?' You asked me, coming to the bed as soon as I woke. This memory fades, but your face sticks in my mind, your beautiful face. My eyelids fall to half closed as I press forward, even though I'm not really getting anywhere. My vision became blurry as my body dries, slowly dying. I stop moving, realizing this is pointless to go on. I shut my eyes and become thrown back into my past memories. I had fallen in love with you, and I thought I found my purpose finally. We were happy together, and did everything together. People saw us together, and found the fact that I was finally happy atrocious. The conspiracy of people's stupidity rage on, as people tried constantly to take her from me. They tried to impress her to lure her away, tried to brainwash her full of distrust for me. She simply wouldn't have it, and still stayed with me, strengthening our love for each other. This didn't stop people though, they resorted to their Plan B- Ambushing us one night as we came home from dinner. They snuck up on us, knocking me unconscious first knowing I would put up a fight. I awoke that next morning covered in my love's blood, from head to toe in the blood that had come from her neck. I couldn't believe this, I didn't. I reached out and slipped my hand into hers and pulled her into my arms, as though she were still breathing. This was the last day I was around there, before I was thrown into this desert. My body is too weak to keep looking for another town. The sun's rays beat down on me as I collapse... into your arms. I sigh softly, tears streaming down our faces.” Its okay, we're together now... Away from people at last." She says, as we tighten our embrace. "Why are people so corrupt..?" I ask her, looking into her gentle eyes. "Who knows," She replied softly, "But it’s over now. We can finally have our peace, even if we aren't in the physical world anymore." We smile and hold each other. I sigh softly as the painful memories leave our minds forever.

6/03/07
Kuragari Ryo
Read, comment, make merry =3
i'm gonna print it out and read over my break, i'll tell ya how it was when i get back Smile
haha right scarps i don't think its that long ^^... its good kura i really enjoyed it T_T
Wow Kura...it was so heartfelt! I love it..now i gotta go back and read all your other stories!
not cause it was long silly cause i had to go and couldn't be bothered reading it at TAFE lol and it was supoib, another excellent story old chap, XD
I wants to read some more stories babe? When do we get to see them?